Are you concerned about a family member's substance use?
Breakthrough for Families Queensland (BFFQ) is a free program to help people who are impacted by another person’s alcohol and other drug use, particularly families and children. The program runs free alcohol and other drug information sessions for the local community, as well as offering one on one private and confidential support to families and significant others.
Information sessions are open to the public but are tailored for family members and significant others. Dates and locations of the sessions can be found below for each of the regions. Individual support is available to families and significant others directly impacted by alcohol and other drug use.
The Breakthrough for Families Queensland program involves:
- Free public alcohol and other drug (AOD) information sessions
- Connection to family AOD workers
- Referrals to other supportive peer and social services
How it can help:
- Understanding alcohol and other drug use
- How to respond when someone you know has an alcohol or drug issue
- Setting boundaries, improving communication and staying safe
- How to reduce harm to you and your loved one
- Understanding the treatment system
Participation in the Breakthrough for Families Queensland program is voluntary and the sessions will aim to be culturally respectful, accessible, confidential and inclusive. All members of our community are welcome to attend.
For more information on Breakthrough for Families Queensland contact our Central Intake and Information Service on 07 3620 8880 or email email@example.com